Sunday, November 8, 2009

Veterans Day 5K and Airshow

This year Seth and I finally ran together in the USAA 5K. Previous to this year I had sprained an ankle during the race (stay away from the yellow road markers!) and another year Seth pushed the stroller. So this year it was great to run together. We had an amazing run with almost 7000 participants and groups from the Navy, Airforce, Army, and Coast Guard. And to top off all that good exercise I won a bike from the raffle! What are the odds? After running we went to lunch at Chris Madrids where I clogged my arteries with one of there yummy hamburgers. But then we headed to the Randolph Air force base for the airshow where Im hoping I walked off some of those calories. The Airshow was the best I have ever been to and the kids loved getting in the planes cockpits and watching the stunt pilots. What a long but enjoyable day. (Pictures to come)

1 comment:

The Despain Gang said...

Awesome; can't wait for pics.