Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Lazy Days or Busy Days of Summer?

We are enjoying the lazy days of summer or should I say busy days. We have been doing many fun activities every week including bowling, movies, swimming, and tennis. Its nice not to have to get Kenzi up at 6:00 in the morning to get ready for school. Lately we have been getting up around 8 and heading to the gym where I do a class and the kids play in the kiddie area. Its nice having those 2 hours to myself and I enjoy how good I feel after I exercise. After that we generally run some errands and head to Barnes and Noble where Kenzi and I read books and Kade plays with the Thomas the Train table. Its a good way to keep cool and keep the kids occuppied. Then its home for snacks and swimming. Ive also been playing tennis twice a week which has been really enjoyable. Cant say Im as good as I was in highschool buts its still fun to work on my game! The kids and I have also been enjoying free bowling and free movies this summer and sometimes even Seth joins us. Overall I would have to say its been a very satisfying summer and we have much more fun to look forward to with our trip up to Idaho and Utah coming up in August.

1 comment:

The Despain Gang said...

Will I get to see you in August????! :) I'd love to, but I'll understand if the vaycay is packed and busy with family.

2 hours exercising! WOW I'm impressed. How fun. I hope to be able to get a gym membership for this winter so I can keep in shape during the cold months.

Happy 4th