Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ethington Family Reunion

The reunion went very well but as I said before we were in charge so we didn't get to mingle much. I did have a fun time going to the grocery store and shopping for over 70 people and while planning and executing the reunion Ive discovered that planning events is something that I would enjoy doing on a part time basis. The kids had lots of fun boating, eating, and hitting a pinata. During the marshmallow roast I swear Kenzi ate a whole bag or
marshmallows by herself !

The Family Talent & Story Show went off pretty well, it was enjoyable hearing stories about Seths grandparents whom I never got the opportunity to meet. For the Family Talent show Seth and I did a spin off of you might be a redneck. Here is our Ethington Family version we came up with.


You might be an Ethington if:

If you take a load to the dump and bring back more than you took
If your family buys pepto and Tums in the Bulk
If there is no such thing as an unusable leftover
If people ask you about “the accident” and you reply with “which one?”
If you’ve gutted and rebuilt your computer 5 times since you last changed your oil
If you have a 2 car garage but cant fit any cars in the garage
If its not a Junk drawer but a Junk Room.
If the mother of the groom was pregnant at your wedding
If it takes more than one car to get all your kids to Grandmas house.
If you have one kid in diapers and another on a mission
If you have to guess more than a couple of times the name of the child your disciplining
If your bathroom doubles as your office
If you’ve ever owned a station wagon
If your house has become a motel
If your best conversations happen in the bathroom
If there is a science in making mashed potatoes
If you can make money off of clipping coupons
If you pick up more strays than the number of kids you have
If when you move into a ward the primary doubles

(We will be posting more pictures on our regular family website in the next couple of days)

1 comment:

The Despain Gang said...

It sounds like you did an excellent job with the Ethington Reunion. I'm incharge of my Weber Reunion--yeah like 50-60 people--in 2011. Not as big as yours, thank heavens. You'll have to give me all the tips you learned from organizing this summer's reunion. Where was the reunion at?
-Melissa